I am currently a PhD Student at the University of Sydney, with completion slated for August 2015; and am richly blessed to be married to my lovely wife Mayumi; and am the proud father of Theodore our son. The world, its abstractions, and the manipulation thereof, have always fascinated me, and much of my life has been dedicated to learning about them. This naturally led me to physics (the world), mathematics (its abstractions) and computer programming (algorithmic manipulation). This broad focus has made me a jack-of-all-trades, and master of few. I enjoy learning, reading, programming, puzzle-solving, board games, and spending time with family and friends.
- characterising the expected performance of novel two-qubit gates between double-quantum-dot singlet-triplet and triple-quantum-dot resonant-exchange qubits.
- estimation and dynamics analysis of the magnetic field gradient between the constituent dots of singlet-triplet qubits using Bayesian analysis.
Probabilities of quantum emission from electrons exhibiting gryomagnetic motion
Drifting among the Hot, the Dark, and the Deep
QuBricks (MIT Licensed)
Python-Parameters (MIT Licensed)
LaTeX Blochsphere (Apache 2.0 Licensed)
Stay In Touch (for Android)
Scholarley (for Android)
Credit Usage (for Android)
Android Icon Generator (Public Domain)
Cast (MIT Licensed)
Sydney Healthy Campus App (GPL3)
Sydney Uni Mobile App
Dangerous Australians iOS App
- 2015 - Lab Note Writing: Quantum Computation Lab (PHYS2012/2912) at University of Sydney
- 2014 - Tutorial: Quantum Computation Lab (PHYS2012/2912) at University of Sydney
- 2011-2014 - Tutorial: Circuit Experiments (PHYS1004/1902) at University of Sydney
- 2009 - Volunteer Staff/Mentor and Web programmer: 35th Professor Harry Messel International Science School (Genes to Galaxies)
- 2008 - Mentor/Tutoring: Informatics (Adv) (INFO1903) at University of Sydney
- 2007 - Volunteer Staff/Mentor and Web programmer: 34th Professor Harry Messel International Science School (Ecoscience)
- Wardrop, M. P., & Doherty, A. C. (2014). Exchange-based two-qubit gate for singlet-triplet qubits. Physical Review B, 90(4), 045418. doi:10.1103/PhysRevB.90.045418
- Doherty, A. C., & Wardrop, M. P. (2013). Two-Qubit Gates for Resonant Exchange Qubits. Physical Review Letters, 111(5), 050503. doi:10.1103/PhysRevLett.111.050503
- AIP 2014 - 15 minute talk on my PhD research - download slides
- eQus Workshop 2014 - Short talk on QuBricks - download slides
- 2014 - Triple-quantum-dot resonant-exchange two-qubit gate poster - download poster
- 2013 - Double-quantum-dot singlet-triplet two-qubit gate poster - download poster
- 2012 - Double-quantum-dot singlet-triplet two-qubit gate poster - download poster
Awards & Scholarships
- 2011-2014 - Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)
- 2010 - School of Physics Honours Scholarship
- 2009 - Summer scholarship in IT: Development of a iOS mobile app “Dangerous Australians” in conjunction with the School of IT and the Australian Museum.
- 2008 - Summer scholarship in Physics: Sleep dynamics with the Complex Systems/Brain dynamics group.
- 2007 - Summer scholarship in Physics: Probabilities of quantum emission from electrons exhibiting gryomagnetic motion.
- 2007 - Summer scholarship in IT: Improvements to the in-house learning management system “Reflect”.
- 2007-2009 - University of Sydney Scholarship (Merit Award)
- 2007 - Entrance into University of Sydney Talented Student Program
- 2006 - National Youth Science Forum
- 2005 - 33rd Professor Harry Messel International Science School (Waves of the Future)